Clinical trials show that, when used in conjunction with spermicide, this non-invasive, non-hormonal contraceptive device is OVER 92% effective in the prevention of pregnancy.
Shaped like a sailor’s hat, the FemCap has a flared brim and is designed to prevent it from being dislodged during intercourse. The FemCap covers the cervix, preventing sperm from entering.
In short, the FemCap:
- is able to remain in place for multiple uses within a 48 hour period.
- is washable and reusable for up to a year.
- is available in three sizes: 30mm, 26mm, 22mm — see ** below
- is made in the USA, of non-allergenic, durable, surgical-grade silicone.
- is designed to cover the cervix to prevent sperm from entering.
- proven in clinical trials to be over 92% effective in the prevention of pregnancy.
- is comfortable and easy to use.
- does not interrupt the spontaneity of sexual encounters, nor inhibit sensation or pleasure of either partner.
- The FemCap is woman-controlled birth control that’s a safe and effective alternative to other methods of contraception.
- The FemCap is comfortable, easy to use, and instantly reversible — when you’re ready to get pregnant, just stop using it.
- The FemCap is designed to fit a woman’s anatomy, without interfering with her biology. You are in control. Your partner doesn’t even have to know it’s there.
- Insert the FemCap. Go about your life. Take advantage of the moment when the time is right. Now is the right time to try the FemCap.
** Your clinician will determine which size you need based on your obstetrical history. Women who have NEVER been pregnant will use the 22mm FemCap; women who miscarried, had termination (even after two weeks of pregnancy), or had caesarian section will use the 26mm FemCap; women who have had a vaginal delivery will use the 30mm FemCap. If there is a question or doubt of whether you have ever been pregnant, it is best to use the 26mm FemCap.
If you have any questions about the FemCap you may contact us HERE
With the FemCap, SPONTANEITY IS UNINHIBITED ! – The FemCap is put into place before intimacy begins. When the moment is at its peak, there’s no interruption for contraception… and the FemCap can remain in place for multiple uses within a 48 hour period. Just apply more spermicide ( without removing the FemCap ) and you’re good to go. And for your convenience, the FemCap has been designed for easy removal.
Is the FemCap right for Me?
The FemCap is economical and environmentally friendly, too. You don't have to refill your prescription every few months or throw your contraception away after each sexual encounter. The same FemCap device can be used for up to a year.
The FemCap retails at about $92 for a year's worth of protection, as opposed to the pill, which can cost from $20 to $60 per month depending on your prescription. The FemCap comes in three sizes ( small, medium, or large ) based on your obstetric history. Your health care provider will determine the size that's best for you.
Be Safe, Be Natural
Safe and natural birth control methods can be the best choice a woman can make for herself, especially for those who have trouble tolerating the side-effects of hormone-based birth control methods. If you are in a safe relationship but just aren't ready for children -- or want some time before you have more children -- FemCap may be the right choice for you. Nursing mothers may even safely use the FemCap because it has no impact on body chemistry.